13 June 2009

moab.

on the friday afternoon before memorial day weekend we decided to pack up our camping gear, persuade my sister to join us and go. apparently we weren't the only ones with that idea...but after hours of searching we scored an amazing site.

IMG_7031

kenny did some rock climbing.

IMG_7051

no seriously, the pictures aren't doing it justice. i was pretty sure that we were going to be stranded in moab after our truck rolled off the rocks.

IMG_7058

we hiked. and hiked.

IMG_7068

and finally found this.

IMG_7071

where we attempted another family picture...

IMG_7040

i had to post this. it was our only option for a restroom.

IMG_7042

and max's favorite place to play.

we had quite the adventure and LOVED every minute of our trip.

9 comments:

  1. lol....i LOVE the family photo attempt. i can only imagine what is going through your mind. and who took the photos of the truck? they're GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun. I've been to Moab once, and loved it! I want to go back so bad.

    I too love the family photo. I think it means more than one where you are actually all posed and smiling at the camera. It's more real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all of the necessary camping equipment but I just can't bring myself to go in a tent with two small children. Tell me it is easier than it sounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous. i went there in high school and want to go back so badly. this looks amazing. love that you looked so good to hike too. WHO are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. camping with max was a blast. sleeping wasn't even an issue. we took two tents and set up a pack n' play in one.

    he loved being outside and getting dirty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the belly shot... thanks, sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job going so spur of the moment! I'm impressed. Moab looks beautiful we'll have to try it someday... was there anywhere to go swimming?

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment...you know you want to!